Sunday, June 19, 2011

Event 16: My Cousin All-Innie

$2500 + $200 Championship NLH

Jack "7-Lies-A-Minute" Turchio

At 8:43 PM, 23 minutes late, Jack Turchio finally makes his way back to his seat which has been empty since dinner break. He seems a little out of breath so I ask where he was.

"I was taking a nap. I needed it. And now I'm ready to smack these people around." said Turchio who is "Jack"ed up and ready to play.

When I asked him about his nickname Jack responded, "I can lie rapidly" and the table agreed. So take what I write with a grain of salt.

Jack's among the chip leaders with 115,000. He's been running good lately, winning three out of the last six poker tournaments he's played in, not to mention the neighborhood game he always crushes.

"I've been on a roll ever since James Woods knocked me out two years ago in this Event. Tomorrow I'm gonna smack him around and them I wanna party with him." So no bounty on Woods because Jack wants to take care of business himself.

Jack claims his cousin is Joe Pesci and I have to say his accent and mannerisms are pretty, pretty close.

He almost satellited into this Event but last night his opponent spiked a Queen on the river to felt him. So he ponied up the money himself this morning.

Jack is anything but shy and told the table that his ex-wife has shown up and that things could all go bad for him now.

Then again this guy lies 7 times a minute - unless of course that's a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.