Thursday, June 23, 2011

Event 16: 5th Place - Altman

$2500 + $200 Championship NLH 
 
Brian Altman (Longmeadow, MA)
$45,430

Blinds 15k/30k/3k ante

Farid Jattin (Cutoff) raises to 75k
Altman (Button) raises to 180k
Jattin shoves all in
Altman calls and is at risk for his last 1 million chips

Jattin: 5♣ 6
Altman: 8 8♣

Flop: 9 6 5
Turn: 5♠
River: 3♠

"I did all I could do," says the 22 year old student and poker pro.  "I got my money in with a pair against two under cards. It's a dream situation it just didn't work out."

Altman is a seasoned on-line pro and cites the 2010 Pokerstars Yearly Tournament Leaderboard Championship as one of his career accomplishments. He's also in the process of earning his Doctorate of Pharmacy.

"It was a good experience and hopefully I'll be back at Borgata for the next series."

Jattin has more than half of the chips in play with 5 of the 9.7 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.